Data protection information – Fraunhofer IAO –
In the course of using this website, personal data will be processed by you by us as the controller and stored for the duration necessary to fulfil the specified purposes and legal obligations. In the following, we inform you about the data involved, how it is processed and what rights you have in this regard.
Personal data is in accordance with Art. 4 No. 1 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
1. Name and contact details of the controller and the company data protection officer
This data protection information applies to the data processing on our website wwwtransferwissenschaft.de by the controller:
Fraunhofer's data protection officer
is under the above– Address, to Hd. Data Protection Officer or reachable under email@example.com.
You can contact our data protection officer directly at any time if you have any questions regarding data protection law or your data subjects' rights.
2. Processing of personal data and purposes of processing
a) When you visit the w
ebsiteWhen you visit our websites, the web servers of our website temporarily store every access of your device in a log file. The following data is collected and stored until automated deletion:
- IP address of the requesting computer
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of the retrieved data
- Amount of data transferred
- Message whether the retrieval was successful
- Browser and operating system used
- Name of Internet access provider
- Web page from which access is made (referrer URL)
The processing of this data is carried out for the following purposes:
- Enabling the use of the website (connection setup)
- Administration of network infrastructure
- Appropriate technical-organizational measures for IT system and information security taking into account the state of the art
- Ensuring the user-friendliness of the use
- Optimization of the Internet offer
Legal bases for the above processing operations are
- for processing for the visit of the websites according to the numbers 1-2 Type. 6 Abs. 1 p. 1 lit. b (necessity for the fulfilment of the website usage agreement),
- for the processing referred to in point 3 Art. 6 Abs. 1 p. 1 lit. c GDPR (legal obligation to implement technical-organizational measures to secure data processing by Type. 32 GDPR) and Art. 6 Abs. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR (legitimate interests for data processing for network and information security) as well as for
- the processing according to the numbers 4-5 Art. 6 Abs. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR (legitimate interests). The legitimate interests of our data processing are to make our offer user-friendly and to optimize it. Within the framework of legitimate interests, we can also deliver direct mail.
The above data is automatically deleted from the web server after a defined time, which is 30 days. If data is processed for longer purposes in accordance with point 2-5, anonymization or deletion takes place if the storage is no longer necessary for the respective purpose.
b) When registering for events
We regularly offer events of various kinds through our website, for which you can register online.
When registering for an event, some mandatory information must be provided. These include:
- First and last name
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
Any other mandatory information is marked as such (e.g. by means of *). In addition, further information can often be provided voluntarily.
The processing of the required information is carried out in order to be able to identify you as a participant of the event, to reserve the place of participation and to justify the contract for participation with you or to provide you with information about the event before, during and after the event, which should enable you to participate optimally and enable us to plan and ensure a smooth process. The provision of the voluntary data enables us to plan and carry out the event in accordance with interest and age.
The data processing takes place at the request of the interested participants and is by type. 6 Abs. 1 p. 1 lit. b GDPR is necessary for the above-mentioned purposes for the fulfilment of the participant contract and the pre-contractual measures.
The personal data collected by us for the event will be stored by us up to the expiry of 6 months, unless you are stored in a further storage in accordance with Type. 6 Abs. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR.
c) When you subscribe to our newsletterIf you
are registered by Type. 6 Abs. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR, we use your e-mail address to send you our newsletter regularly, which you will have about working at our institute and other institutions and events of Fraunhofer e.V. Informed. For the receipt of the newsletter, we collect the following mandatory information:
- e-mail address,
We need your name and address to address you personally with our newsletter.
You may voluntarily provide further information about yourself (e.g. company, street, postcode, city, industry, areas of interest). We use this data to contact you by phone or by post (e.g. for press invitations) and to adapt the content to your preferences.
After you have registered, you will receive an e-mail notification, which you must confirm in order to receive the newsletter (so-called Double Opt-In). This serves as proof that the registration was actually initiated by you.
Unsubscribe is possible at any time, e.g. via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you can also send your unsubscribe request to firstname.lastname@example.org by e-mail at any time or at the following link: https://informationen.iao.fraunhofer.de/edit.php?lang=de.
Your e-mail address will be deleted immediately after revocation of your consent to send the newsletter.
d) When using contact forms
- First and last name and
- Email address.
We need your data to determine who the request originated from and to be able to answer and process it.
The data processing takes place at your request and is in the context of answering a contact request to our legitimate interests. Article. 6 Abs. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR.
The personal data collected for the use of the contact form by us will be automatically deleted after the request you have made has been completed.
e) When using the comment function
It is possible to comment publicly on articles and blog entries on our website. Your comment will be posted with your given name below the commented post.
In the context of the use of the comment function, we collect the following mandatory information:
- Name and
- Email address.
Instead of your name, you can also specify a pseudonym. Your email address is required to submit the comment, but will not be published with your comment. We will only use your email address to inform you of a reaction to your comment.
When you submit a comment, we store your IP address, which will be deleted if you delete your comment. This storage is necessary so that we are able to defend ourselves against liability claims in the event of a possible publication of illegal content.
The data processing takes place in response to your comment and is part of the publication of online posts with user reactions and our legitimate interest in an exchange of views and information in accordance with Art. 6 Abs. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR.
f) When using our online sh
opOn our website we offer an online shop. There you can purchase publications from Fraunhofer IAO. As part of the order, we collect the following mandatory information:
- First and last name,
- e-mail address,
The collection and further processing of this data takes place,
- in order to be able to identify you as our contractual partner,
- to check the data entered for plausibility and
- for processing your order and invoicing
In addition, you can voluntarily provide further data (company, different billing address, contact details).
The data processing takes place at your request and is by type. 6 Abs. 1 p. 1 lit. b GDPR required for the aforementioned purposes for the fulfilment of your order order to us and the pre-contractual measures. In this context, we use your e-mail address to send you an order confirmation. All contact details will be processed by us exclusively for any necessary queries within the scope of your order.
The personal data collected by us for the order will be processed until the expiry of the statutory warranty obligation (2 years, Section 438 para. 1 No. 3 BGB) and then automatically deleted, unless we are in accordance with Article 6 paragraph. 1 p. 1 lit. c GDPR are obliged to maintain it for a longer period of time due to tax retention and documentation obligations (in particular Section 147 AO). For this period (regularly ten years from the conclusion of the contract), the data will be reprocessed in the event of a review by the tax authorities alone. In addition, the data will be blocked for further processing.
3. Disclosure of personal data
Except in the aforementioned cases of processing on behalf (registration for events, postmailing), we only provide your personal data to third parties, i.e. other natural or legal persons other than you (the data subject), the controller or processor and their data processing staff, if:
- They gem. Article. 6 Abs. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR have given your express consent;
- this in accordance with this Article. 6 Abs. 1 p. 1 lit. b GDPR is required for the performance of a contract with you,
- Transfer to shipping companies for the purpose of delivery of the goods ordered by you,
- Disclosure of payment data to payment service providers or credit institutions to carry out a payment transaction;
- In case for passing by type. 6 Abs. 1 p. 1 lit. c GDPR is a legal obligation, e.g. to financial or law enforcement authorities;
- the transfer is by type. 6 Abs. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding interest in not disclosing your data; such a transfer may, for example, be in the event of attacks on our IT systems to government agencies and law enforcement agencies.
The data passed on may be used by the third party exclusively for the aforementioned purposes.
If you have registered for an event, it may be necessary to transfer your personal data to an external organiser as part of the performance of the contract. In connection with an event registration, you will be informed about who is the organiser and whether it is an external organiser. The latter will process personal data in the course of the event and in particular for the management of participants.
Incidentally, our websites will be used in accordance with Art. 28 GDPR hosted exclusively on servers in Germany.
The transfer of personal data to a third country (outside the EU) or an international organisation is excluded.
The cookie contains information that arises in connection with the specific device used. However, this does not mean that we will gain direct knowledge of your identity as a result.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies to optimize usability, which are stored on your device for a specific specified period of time. If you visit our site again to use our services, it will automatically be recognized that you have already been with us and what inputs and settings they have made so as not to have to re-enter them.
The data processed by cookies is for these purposes in order to safeguard our legitimate interests as well as third parties in nature. 6 Abs. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR required.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that cookies are not stored on your computer or a hint always appears before a new cookie is created. However, completely disabling cookies may result in you not being able to use all the features of our website.
5. Web analysis/tracking
a) LeadLab (wiredminds
GmbH)We use the Leadlab service of Wiredminds GmbH and its tracking pixel technology on our website to analyse the usage behaviour and to optimize our site based on it. In particular, the service allows us to identify which companies have visited our site. We do not receive any information that directly identifies you.
In connection with the use of Leadlab, cookies and tracking pixels are used, which enable a statistical analysis of the use of this website by your visits. The cookie stores information, including personal information, about your visitor behaviour and transmits it to Wiredminds or collects it directly from Wiredminds. The information is processed by Wiredminds using a pseudonym in a usage profile for the purpose of analysis and is anonymized as much as possible.
The data obtained will not be used to identify you personally without your separate consent and the data will not be merged with personal data about you as the bearer of the pseudonym.
Insofar as IP addresses are collected, they are anonymized immediately after collection by deleting the last number block.
Information on data protection at Wireminds can be found on its website.
The data processing takes place on the basis of our legitimate interest in accordance with Art. 6 Abs.1 lit. f GDPR in the optimization of our online offer and our website. Wiredminds processes the data on our behalf and we have concluded an order processing contract with Wireminds. This ensures that the data processing on our behalf is carried out in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and ensures the protection of the rights of data subjects.
If you do not wish to collect and analyse your user behaviour, you can object to this by means of an opt-out cookie. An opt-out cookie is set, which prevents the future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you will need to set the opt-out cookie again.
Click to set the opt-out cookie for WiredMinds
We rely on our websites on the basis of a type of consent. 6 Abs. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR components (videos) of YouTube, LLC 901 Cherry Ave., 94066 San Bruno, CA, USA (hereinafter :YouTube"), a company of Google Inc., Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (hereinafter :Google"), a company.
We use the "extended privacy mode" option provided by YouTube.
When you visit a page that has an embedded video, you connect to the YouTube servers and display the content by notifying your browser on the website.
According to YouTube, in "extended data protection mode" your data – in particular which of our websites you have visited as well as device-specific information including the IP address – will only be transmitted to the YouTube server in the USA when you watch the video. By clicking on the video you agree to this transmission.
If you are logged into YouTube at the same time, this information will be assigned to your YouTube account. You can prevent this by unsubscribing from your account before visiting our website.
7. Affected rights
You have the right:
- According to the species. 7 para. 3 GDPR to revoke your once given consent to us at any time. As a result, we may not continue the processing of data based on this consent for the future;
- According to the species. 15 to demand GDPR information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can provide information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to be corrected, Deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of their data, unless collected by us, as well as about the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if necessary, profiling. Request meaningful information on their details;
- According to the species. 16 To immediately require GDPR to correct incorrect or complete your personal data stored with us;
- According to the species. 17 GDPR to request the deletion of your personal data stored with us, unless the processing for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest Or is necessary to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- According to the species. 18 GDPR to require the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is illegal, but you refuse to delete it and we no longer need the data, but you need it for Claim, exercise or defend legal claims or you must, as of its nature. 21 GDPR have objected to the processing;
- According to the species. 20 GDPR to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another controller, and
- According to the species. 77 GDPR to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our registered office.
Information about your right to object by type. 21 GDPR
You have the right, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you on the basis of Article 6 (1) (e) GDPR (data processing in the public interest) and Article 6 (1) (f GDPR) (data processing based on a balance of interests); this also applies to profiling of Article 4 No. 4 GDPR.
If you object, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can prove compelling legitimate grounds for processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
If your objection is directed against the processing of data for the purpose of direct marketing, we will immediately discontinue the processing. In this case, it is not necessary to specify a specific situation. This also applies to profiling as far as it is related to such direct advertising.
If you wish to exercise your right of objection, an e-mail to email@example.com is sufficient.
8. Data securit
yAll data transmitted by you personally is transmitted encrypted with the usual and secure standard TLS (Transport Layer Security). TLS is a safe and proven standard that, for example, is also used in online banking. You can recognize a secure TLS connection, among other things, by the attached s on the http (i.e. https://..) in the address bar of your browser or at the lock icon at the bottom of your browser.
We also use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
9. Up-to-date and amendment of this data protection information
This data protection information is currently valid and has the status of May 2018.
Due to the further development of our website and offers above or due to changes in legal or regulatory requirements, it may become necessary to change this data protection information.
The current data protection information can be accessed and printed by you at any time on the website under www.transferwissenschaft.de/datenschutz.
10. Salvatory Clause